CAP Regional Centre, Mutomo, Kitui.
The CAMPAIGN AGAINST POVERTY FOUNDATION (CAP) is a non-partisan, non-profit making organization funded by partners and well-wishers. CAP seeks to bring individuals and institutions together to help combat poverty in Africa. We provide a platform on which any person or institution willing to play a part in fighting this scourge can easily and conveniently do so in a desirable and manageable way.
CAP Foundation is duly registered as an NGO by the NGOs Coordination Board in Kenya. It is managed by a Board of Directors as per the regulations of the Board.
A Secretariat is charged with managing all the projects of CAP. The staff headed by a CEO comprises volunteers, permanent and on contract employees, all paid or facilitated from funds raised by the organization.
The head office is presently in Nairobi, Komarock Estate Phase 2 Zone 2.
We have a regional liaison office at Mutomo Market in Kitui, as well as a Regional facility next to the Kandae Primary School in Mutomo.
Our activities are basically premised on the following:
- Mobilizing for production;
- Facilitating training for the producers of various products and services where necessary;
- Identifying markets for various products and services directly or through supportive partners. In so doing, a win-win environment is envisaged to ensure interest and participation;
- Sourcing for requisite funds and other resources to undertake various projects including those that assist in covering the organization's administrative costs;
- Generally mobilize well wishers and partners in providing support for all of the activities of the organization.
- Invest where possible to create long term sustainability in all of the activities of the organization.